Sunday 17 August 2014



Gift of Silence

Hello everyone,

I am at a Silent Retreat this coming week, so will not be blogging. Silence gives me an opportunity to spend time learning more about my mind and heart, get in touch with my emotions, feelings, thoughts. I want to see more clearly the cycles of thoughts, stories that I keep telling myself, that cause suffering for myself and others.

“Perhaps the biggest tragedy of our lives is that freedom is possible, yet we can pass our years trapped in the same old patterns...We may want to love other people without holding back, to feel authentic, to breathe in the beauty around us, to dance and sing. Yet each day we listen to inner voices that keep our life small.”
Tara Brach, Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha

In October, this year, I will be hosting a Silent Retreat at Nature's Breath Room, I want to share with others the gifts of spending time in silence. I am sure you have experienced moments of silence, maybe while in woods, in your garden, at the ocean, lake, river or viewing a piece of art, where thoughts vanished and you felt deep contentment, connected, in awe.

Tender Words
--Rumi
 
Tender words we spoke
to one another
are sealed
in the secret vaults of heaven.
One day like rain,
they will fall to earth
and grow green
all over the world.


Have a wonderful week, love to all

No comments: